Professor Chuan-Feng Li is born in Feb. 1973 in Shandong Province. He gets to University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 1990 as an undergraduate, then gets his doctorate in 1999 in the department of physics of USTC, supervised by Prof. Guang-Can Guo. Now, he is a professor of department of optics & optical engineering and Key Lab of Quantum Information of USTC.
Prof. Li's research area is quantum optics and quantum information. Now, he is concentrating on constructing a featured quantum entanglement network and exploring quantum physics with developed quantum information technology.
Linear Optics: Using spontaneous parametric down conversion (SPDC) process in nonlinear crystal (usually BBO), we can get entangled photon pairs. Then with polarizing beam splitter (PBS) gate, we can link the photon pairs to get multi-photon entangled states. With these entangled states and conventional optical elements (wave plate, FP cavity, beam splitter, quartz plates, APD, etc) we demonstrate various quantum information protocols. Another progress is to demonstrate dynamics process of given Hamiltonian with ancilla qubit.
Self-assembled Quantum Dots: SPDC process above mentioned is probabilistic, however the cascaded process in single quantum dot may generate deterministic entangled XX-X photon pairs. We also study the spin dynamics process in quantum dots (maybe including other low-dimensional materials in future).
Solid State Quantum Memory: Rare-earth-ion doped crystal has many excellent properties as a candidate solid-state quantum memory for light, such as long coherence time, large bandwidth and strong light and matter coupling. We are working on the realization of a practical quantum memory for applications in quantum networks.
1) Demon-like Algorithmic Quantum Cooling and its Realization with Quantum Optics , Nature Photonics , 201402 , 2014年8卷2期
2) Quantum simulation of dynamics of Landau-Zener model supporting Kibble-Zurek mechanism , Physical Review Letters , 201401 , 2014年112卷3期
3) Experimental recovery of quantum correlations in absence of system-environment back-action , Nature Communications , 201311 , 2013年第4卷
4) Phase estimation with weak measurement using a white light source , Physical Review Letters , 201307 , 2013年111卷3期
5) Realization of quantum Wheeler’s delayed-choice experiment , Nature Photonics , 201209 , 2012第6卷9期
6) Realization of Reliable Solid-State Quantum Memory for Photonic Polarization Qubit , Physical Review Letters , 201205 , 2012第108卷19期
7) Experimental control of the transition from Markovian to non-Markovian dynamics of open quantum systems , Nature Physics , 201112 , 2011第7卷12期
8) Experimental Generation of an Eight-photon Greenberger-Horne-Zeilinger State , Nature Communications , 201111 , 2011第2卷
9) Experimental investigation of the entanglement assisted entropic uncertainty principle , Nature Physics , 201110 , 2011第7卷10期
10) Experimental investigation of classical and quantum correlations under decoherence , Nature Communications , 201004 , 2010年第1卷
11) Experimental demonstration of photonic entanglement collapse and revival , Physical Review Letters , 201003 , 2010年第104卷10期
12) Experimental characterization of entanglement dynamics in noisy channels , Physical Review Letters , 200912 , 2009年第103卷24期