May 1992 Ph. D., Materials Science, IMR CAS, China (co-supervised by Prof. K Kobayashi AIST-Kyushu in Japan)
May 1987 M. S., Materials Science, IMR CAS, China
July 1984 B. S., Materials Science, Hunan University, Changsha, China
Appointments at IMR CAS:
Oct. 2007-July 2012 Deputy Director (3rd term), IMR CAS, China
Aug. 2003-Sept. 2007 Deputy Director (2nd term), IMR CAS, China
July 1998-July 2003 Deputy Director (1st term), IMR CAS, China
Nov. 1994-now Professor, IMR CAS, China
Sept. 1993-Oct. 1994 Associate Professor, IMR CAS, China
Working Experience at Foreign Institutions:
Feb. 2008-Feb. 2008 JSPS Fellow, Nagasaki University, Japan
Feb. 2002-Feb. 2002 TCT Fellow, Nanyang University of Technology, Singapore
Apr. 2001-May 2001 Exchange Scientist, Australian Academy of Sciences, AU
Feb. 2000-Mar. 2000 Invited Visiting Scientist, Japan Association for Promotion of Industrial Technology, Japan
Nov. 1997-May 1998 Senior Visiting Scientist, Dept. of Physics, MIT, USA.
Sept. 1996-Nov. 1996 Invited Researcher, Kyushu National Industrial Research Institute, AIST, Japan.
April 1992-Sept. 1993 Research Associate, Faculty of Engineering, Nagasaki University, Japan.
April 1990-Mar. 1992 Guest Researcher, Kyushu National Industrial Research Institute, AIST, MITI, Japan.
Dec. 2013 Member of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Oct. 2013 Academician, Asia-Pacific Academy of Materials (APAM)
Main Academic Awards:
Distinguished Award for Novel Materials and Their Synthesis (NMS), 2012, IUPAC and Organization Committee of NMS
Award for Scientific and Technological Progress (2nd class) of Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, China, 2012
Prize for Scientific and Technological Progress of Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation, 2010, China
The Charles E. Pettinos Award, 2010, American Carbon Society, USA
The Khwarizmi International Award, 2007, Iran
The 2nd class National Natural Science Award, 2006, China
The 1st class Natural Science Award of Liaoning Province, 2003, China
China Youth Science & Technology Award, Ministry of Human Resources and China Association of Science and Technology, 2001, China
Excellent Young Scientist Award, First Class, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1999, China
The Ryukiti Hasiguchi Foundation Award, 1999.
Main Academic Activities for Journal Editing:
(1) Editor of Carbon, since 2004
(2) Associate Editor of Carbon, since 2000
(3) Editor-in-Chief of New Carbon Materials (in Chinese), since 1998
(4) Associate Editor of Science in China, Materials Science, since 2014
(5) Editorial Board of Two Dimensional Materials, Since 2013
(6) Editorial Board of Materials Research Express, since 2014
(7) Editorial Board of Graphene, since 2013
(8) Editorial Board of National Science Review, since 2013
(9) Editorial Board of RSC Advances, since 2012
(10) Editorial Board of Materials Research Letters, since 2011
(11) Editorial Board Member of Nano, since 2007
(12) Editorial Board of Science Bulletin in China, since 2003
(13) Advisory Editorial Board Member of Carbon Letters, since 2000
(14) Referee for International Journals: Science, Nature, Nature Materials, Nature Nanotechnology, Nature Communications, Proc. of National Academy of Sciences of USA, J American Chemical Society, Advanced Materials, Angewendate Chemie, Advanced Functional Materials, ACS Nano, Journal of Physical Chemistry B & C, Applied Physics Letters, Journal of Electrochemical Society, Chemical Commun., J. Mater Chem, RSC Advances, Nano Research, Nano Energy, Energy & Environmental Science, Carbon, Nanoscale, …etc.
Main Academic Activities for Conferences and Societies:
(1) Chairman, Asian Association of Carbon Groups, since 2011
(2) Member, World Carbon Council, since 2011
(3) Member, Asian Association of Carbon Groups, since 1999
(4) Member of National Expert Panel of Special Functional Materials, Ministry of Science and Tech. of China, 2001-2005
(5) Member of National Expert Panel of Nanostructured Materials, Ministry of Science and Tech. of China, 2003-2005
(6) Member of National Expert Panel of Inorganic Non-metallic Materials Section of NSFC, 2004-2008, 2010-2013.
(7) Chairman of Subcommittee of Carbon-Graphite Materials, China Electro-technical Society
(8) Council Member of Chinese Ceramic Society
(9) Council Member of Chinese Particles Society
(10) Expert of international standing for the Australian Research Council
(11) Expert of international standing for the Ministry of Education, Singapore
(12) Expert of international standing for the Research Grant Council (RGC) of Hong Kong
Visiting Professorial Fellow of the University of New South Wales, 2014-2017
Honorary Professor of the University of Wollongong, Australia, 2014-2017
Honorary Professor of the University of Queensland, Australia, 2006-2013
Guest Professor of Hunan University, China
Guest Professor of Dalian University of Technology, China
Guest Professor of Wuhan University of Science and Tech., China
Guest Professor of Nanjing University of Aerospace and Aeronautics, China
Guest Professor of Petroleum Univesity, China
Distinguished Guest Professor of King Abdulaziz University, 2014
Experience in creating laboratory/business and consultancy:
Establish Advanced Carbon Research Division at Shenyang National Laboratory for Materials Science, Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Co-founder of Shenzhen Jinrun Energy Materials Corp.
Co-founder of Shenyang Jinna New Materials Corp.
Co-founder of Sichuan Deyang Xitan New Materials Corp.
Consultant and member of Board of Directors of Nantong Yangzi Carbon Corp.
Advisor of Sichuan Guanghan Shida Carbon Inc.,
Synthesis, characterization and applications of carbon nanotubes and graphene;,
Design and synthesis of nanostructured materials for clean energy applications;,
Exploration of photochemically active materials for water-splitting and CO2 conversion,
Fabrication and applications of high-performance bulk carbon materials such as isotropic pyrolytic carbon.,