Zhou Cong-Zhao,professor and Ph.D. supervisor of USTC, and selected into CAS Hundred Talents Program. Deputy dean of School of Life Sciences of USTC since April 2009.
He graduated from Department of Biology, USTC and received bachelor's (1992) and mater's (1995) degree successively. From January 1999 to February 2000, he was studying in the Institute of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Paris-Sud 11 as a jointly trained doctoral student. In 2000 he obtained his doctoral degree from School of Life Science of USTC. From September 2000 to January 2001, he was a postdoctoral follow in the Institute of Genetics and Microbiology of University of Paris-Sud 11.
From February 2001 to December 2003, he was a postdoctoral researcher in the French Research Center and in the Institute of Genetics and Microbiology of University of Paris-Sud 11.
Currently he is a professor and Ph.D supervisor of School of Life Sciences of USTC, and a senior researcher of Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at the Microscale (under construction). He has published more than sixty papers in PNAS, EMBO Reports, Nucl Acids Res, J Biol Chem, Structure, J Mol Biol, Biochemistry, Proteins, Gene and other journals. He won the Second Prize of Anhui Natural Science Award in 1998 and Biotechnology Award of the Association of France-China Scientific & Technological Exchange in 2000. From August 2004, he has served as Deputy President of Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Anhui Province. In October 2005, he was elected as Director of Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of China. In October 2005, he was elected as Executive Director of Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of China.
1) Structural basis for the allosteric control of the global transcription factor NtcA by the nitrogen starvation signal 2-oxoglutarate. , Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. , 2010 , 107(28)
2) Crystal structure and computational analyses provide insights into the catalytic mechanism of 2, 4-diacetylphloroglucinol hydrolase PhlG from Pseudomonas fluorescens. , J Biol Chem. , 2010 , 285(7)
3) Structural and biochemical characterization of yeast monothiol glutaredoxin Grx6. , J Mol Biol. , 2010 , 398(4)
4) Crystal structure of cyanobacterial signal transduction protein PII in complex with PipX. , J Mol Biol. , 2010 ,
5) Structures of yeast glutathione S-transferase Gtt2 reveal a new catalytic type of GST family , EMBO Reports , 2009 ,
6) Systematic cloning and analysis of autophagy-related genes from the silkworm Bombyx mori , BMC Mol Biol. , 2009 ,
7) Crystal structure of Saccharomyces cerevisiae glutamine synthetase Gln1 suggests a nanotube-like supramolecular assembly , Proteins , 2009 ,
8) Structural basis for the unique anti-tumor activity of LZ-8 from the fungus Ganoderma lucidium , Proteins , 2009 ,
9) Crystal structure of the dimeric Urm1 from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae , Proteins , 2008 ,
10) Crystal structure of glutathione-dependent phospholipid peroxidase Hyr1 from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae , Proteins , 2008 , 73
11) Glutathionylation-triggered conformational changes of glutaredoxin Grx1 from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. , Proteins , 2008 ,
12) Crystal structure of the yeast cytoplasmic thioredoxin Trx2. , Proteins , 2007 ,
13) Crystal structure of glutathione reductase Glrl from the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae , Proteins , 2007 ,
14) Crystal structure of Saccharomyces cerevisiae 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase Gnd1 , BMC Struct Biol. , 2007 ,
15) The gene expression profile of Bombyx mori silkgland , Gene , 2007 ,
16) Solution structure and metal binding properties of Kti11p from Saccharomyces cerevisiae , Biochemistry , 2005 ,
17) Developments in structural genomics:protein purification and function interpertation. , Current Genomics , 2004 ,
18) The 62-kb upstream region of Bombyx mori fibroin heavy chain gene is clustered of erpetitive element , GENE , 2003 ,
19) Crystal structure of the yeast PX-domain protein Grd19p complexed to phosphatidyl-inositol-3-ph osph , J Biol Chem. , 2003 ,
20) Silk fibroin:Structural implications of a remarkable amino acid sequence(SCI) , PROTEINS , 2001 ,
21) Identification and characterization of a silkgland-related matrix association ergion in Bombyx mori( , Gene , 2001 ,
22) Fine organization of Bombyx mori fibroin heavy chain gene(SCI) , Nucleic Acids Research , 2000 ,