Zhang Yongming, professor, Ph.D. supervisor, director of Fire Monitoring Laboratory, member of the 4th Council of Anhui Association of Fire Protection, and member of Committee of Electrical Fire Prevention. He was a visiting scholar in Italy’s National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN) from 1993 to 1995, mainly doing research on particle detection techniques and access to physical information and processing techniques. In recent years he did research on mechanism of fire detection and fire characteristic information acquisition method. He has presided and completed over 10 projects including key promotion projects of national scientific and technological achievements, CAS Fund for Returned Overseas Students, sub-project of National Major Science Project, sub-topics of CAS Innovation Project, and sub-project of National "Tenth Five-year" Rolling Project. He has taken part in and completed over 10 projects including international cooperation project, national “Eighth Five-year” Critical sub-project and sub-project of National Major Science Project. He is presiding over projects of National Natural Science Foundation and sub-project of Eleventh Five-year Support Project.
Research achievements: put forward and developed nuclear belt metering system with automatically empty zero tracking technology and automatic correction of radioactive source technology, which have been selected into “Promotion Program of National Key Scientific and Technological Projects”; developed smoke image detection technology in early fire based on computer vision, efficiently applying Video Monitoring System to early fire alarm in ancient building and open space; established digital particle image velocimetry system and applied it to model measurement of physical information field of fire process; developed smoke particle light scattering measurement system and fulfilled the complete measurement of dust particles scattered light 4 × 4 Muller matrix in research of combustion science, environmental science and materials science.
He won the third prize of Anhui Science and Technology Progress Award, the first prize of USTC Science and Technology Progress Award and USTC special award for teachers. He has published over 70 research papers on core journals at home and abroad including 30 SCI and EI papers, and applied for 6 patents. 7 research achievements have passed provincial and ministerial assessment. He has graduated 2 postdoctoral fellows, 7 Ph.D.s and 13 master students.
1) 火灾烟颗粒的分形结构形状模拟与光散射计算 , 物理学报 , 2007 , 56（11）
2) 凝并作用下火灾烟颗粒粒径分布及变化 , 燃烧科学与技术 , 2007 , 13（2）
3) Characteristics of light scattering by smoke particles based on spheroid models , Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy & Radiative T , 2007 , 2007（9）
4) Experimental Studies on Time-dipendent Size Distributions of Smoke Particles of Standard Test Fires , Building and Environment , 2007 , 42(2)
5) 单总线烟温复合式火灾监控系统 , 传感器世界 , 2007 , 13(1)
6) 计算机视觉火灾探测中的特征提取 , 中国科技大学学报 , 2006 , 2006
, 红外与毫米波学报 , 2007 , 26(4)
8) 非谐振式光声腔在火灾探测中应用. , 应用科学学报 , 2006 , 24（6）
9) 粒子描迹仪系统触发电路及其空间分辨研究 , 核技术 , 2005 , 28（2）
10) 电荷灵敏放大器及QDC线性研究 , 核技术 , 2005 , 28（10）
11) SPEK-C膜的正电子湮灭寿命谱学研究 , 中国科技大学学报 , 2005 , 35（3）
12) 新型时间幅度变换器的研制 , 核电子学与探测技术 , 2005 , 25(6)
, 强激光与粒子束 , 2004 , 16（7）
14) 阴极适应多丝室电荷灵敏放大器研制 , 强激光与粒子束 , 2004 , 16（5）
15) 点式离子感烟探测器迟滞时间的实验研究 , 火灾科学 , 2005 , 15(4)