Prof. Sun Rui is a professor and Ph.D. supervisor at School of Life Sciences, USTC. She used to serve as deputy director of Shandong Key Laboratory for Tumor Immunity and Genetic Engineering, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Shandong Academy of Medical Sciences. She was appointed as master’s supervisor in 1996 and researcher in 1998. From August 1995 to August 1996 and from March 2001 to March 2003 she made cooperative studies on tumor immunology and liver immunology at Institute of Cancer Research (ICR) and National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH). In 1994 she won the fourth “China Youth Science and Technology Award”, enjoyed the special governmental allowance financed by State Council in 1998, and the “Distinguished Researcher Award” of U.S. National Institutes of Health in 2005. Currently she reserves as standing member of Infection Immunity Branch Society, Chinese Society for Immunology, and member of editorial board of Chinese Journal of Immunology.
She has specialized in tolerance mechanism of innate immunity of liver and liver immunopathology, systematically studied that IL-6 protects liver from autoimmune liver injury through inhibiting STAT3 signaling pathway (J Immnol 2004), found NK cells of liver and its generated IFN-gamma have a negative regulation of liver generation (Gastroenterology 2004), discovered innate immune recognition receptors NKG2D are able to inhibit liver fibrosis through control of hepatic stellate cells (Ganstroenterology 2006；Hepatology 2006), etc. In the meantime she has carried on molecular immunology and structural immunology research and centered on Several innate immune recognition receptor families and signaling molecules to study the relationship between innate immunological function and molecular structures. Her research results once won three second prizes of Provincial/Ministerial Level Scientific and Technological Progress Award”. As a principal investigator, her study “Mediated Liver Injury, Regenerated Innate Immune Recognition and Its Regulatory Mechanism” won the prize of Chinese Medical Sciences & Technology Award 2007, the first prize of Anhui Province Natural Science Award in 2007, and the second prize of State Natural Science Award in 2008.
As a principal investigator, she has undertaken and completed more than 30 scientific research projects. In recent years she has successively undertaken one project of Joint research fund of National Natural Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars-Overseas Young Scholars (B Level), two research topics of “973 Program”, one project of “Knowledge Innovation Program” of CAS and four surface projects of “National Natural Science Foundation of China”. Those researches mainly focus on liver immunology and molecular immunology. She is a principal member of the “Innovative Research Group of Ministry of Education of PRC” and “Innovative Research Group of National Natural Science of Foundation of China”.
She has totally published more than 50 SCI papers, including over 20 papers she published as the first author or corresponding author. Her papers have been published in Ganstroenterology (IF=13.12), Hepatology (IF=10.07), J Immunology (IF=6.82) and other journals. Academic papers she has published in Chinese core journals have exceeded 100.
1) Hepatocytes proteomic alteration and seroproteome analysis of HBV-transgenic mice. , Proteomics. , 2009 , 9(1):87-105
2) Negative regulation of liver regeneration by innate immunity , Gastroenterology. , 2004 , 2004，127(5):1525-39
3) Polyinosinic-polycytidylic acid liposome induces human hepatoma cells apoptosis which correlates to the up-regulation of RIG-I like receptors. , Cancer Sci. , 2009 , 100(3):529-36
4) Natural killer cells ameliorate liver fibrosis by killing activated stellate cells in NKG2D-dependent and tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand-dependent manners , Gastroenterology , 2006 , 130 (2): 435-452
5) Rapid Immunosorting of Transmembrane Proteins of Lymphocytes from a cDNA Expression Library of COS-1 Cells. , Immunological Investigations , 2009 , 38: 589-601
6) STAT1 contributes to dsRNA inhibition if liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy in mice. , Hepatology. , 2006 , 2006；44: 955-966
7) Interleukin-15 prevents concanavalin A-induced liver injury in mice via NKT cell-dependent mechanism. , Hepatology , 2006 , 43(6):1211-9
8) Toll-like receptor 3 ligand attenuates LPS-induced liver injury by down-regulation of toll-like receptor 4 expression on macrophages , Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences USA , 2005 , 2005；102:17077
9) IL-6 prevents T cell-mediated hepatitis via inhibition of NKT cells in CD4+ T cell- and STAT3-dependent manners. , J Immunol. , 2005 , 2005，172(9):5648-55
10) Toll-like receptor 9 activation aggravates concanavalin A-induced hepatitis via promoting accumulation and activation of liver CD4+
, J Immunol , 2009 , 182
11) Liver-specific HBsAg transgenic mice are over-sensitive to Poly (I:C)-induced liver injury in NK cell- and IFN--dependent manners , Journal of Hepatology , 2007 , 47(2):183-90
12) Poly I:C prevents T cell-mediated hepatitis via an NK-dependent mechanism. , Journal of Hepatology , 2006 , 44(3):446-54
13) IL-6modulates hepatocyte proliferation via inducytion of HCF/p21cip1: Regulation by SOCS3. , Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communication , 2005 , 2005，338: 1943-1949
14) Expression of prolactin receptor and response to prolactin stimulation of human NK cell lines , Cell Res. , 2004 , 2004，14: 67-73
15) Immunologic and hematopoietic effects of recombinant human prolactin after syngeneic bone marrow transplantation in mice , Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. , 2004 , 2004，9(7):426-434
16) The effects of natural killer-cell depletion on ex vivo expansion of hematopoietic progenitor cells from umbilical cord blood , Haematologica. , 2003 , 2003，88 : 561-569.
17) Use of interleukin-15 for preparation of adherent NK cells from human peripheral blood: comparison with interleukin-2. , J Immunol Methods. , 2003 , 2003，279: 79-90.